Weight loss: my body transformation

Ten years ago I was repulsed by my own reflection - a reflection that left me religiously analysing every roll of 'fat' that made my clothes ripple, and my body appear bigger by the day - but despite the disgust that stemmed from my sedentary lifestyle and failure to sustain the self control not to succumb to calorie fuelled feasts, I continued to find comfort in the food and drink sources that subjected me to physical and psychological torture - the torture that triggered the temptation to turn to more tasty treats and takeaways in the hope of hiding the overwhelming feeling of failure as I lost the control to make sensible choices. I'd become trapped in a vicious cycle of guilt, self loathing and denial as I repeatedly subjected my body and mind to the binges that left me beating myself up about the abnormal actions that resembled the reality of my repulsive life - until I snapped.
After finding the psychological strength to accept that the underlying cause of my compulsive eating lay in my abusive relationship - the relationship where I was forced to feel like the hideous, fat freak that repulsed everyone who was unfortunate enough to see such a sorry sight - I made the decision to destroy the negativity in my life by eliminating every obstacle that was holding me back from being the happy, healthy and independent woman I spent my days dreaming of.
Although the anxiety that fuelled my fear of how others perceived my physical appearance intensified my insecurities about stepping outside of the house that I hadn't left for two years, my determination to change allowed me to become blinkered to the paranoia that convinced me that people felt 'repulsed' by my bigger body, and I pushed past my boundaries to buy my very first piece of exercise equipment - a stepper.
At first I struggled to sustain the stamina to last longer than ten minutes, but by dedicating a little more time each day to moving more, sitting less and making sensible food swaps, I not only began to believe in my capacity for change, but felt (and saw) an improvement in my fitness and weight - the rest shall we say, is history!
Weight loss isn't easy. It's the hardest, most physically and psychologically testing time that you will ever experience, but every second of self doubt and sacrifice is worth it when you can look back and realise that you've overcome every obstacle that once overwhelmed you, silenced every sceptic that questioned your ability to change and most importantly, created a happier, healthier version of yesterday's you. Sure, you'll slip up, struggle and spend what feels like a lifetime questioning whether or not quitting is the only option, but those tough times resemble the challenges that are essential for change - embrace them and enjoy every second of health and happiness that follow.

If you're struggling to sustain weight loss, eliminate an eating disorder or fancy finding out how to create healthier alternatives of your favourite dishes and desserts, head over to my official page over at  https://www.facebook.com/Buns-Guns-Health-Fitness-Nutrition-1532560813682555/

Comments

Popular Posts