Weight loss: capturing change on camera


If the reality of your reflection leaves you repulsed and ready to give up on your goals, remember this...

As a former 'fat' girl who is still susceptible to fixating on the flaws that prevent me from portraying a positive perception of my physique, I not only struggle to see a reflection that resembles a slender silhouette, but battle to banish the 'bad' days that bombard my brain with toxic thoughts of negativity - the negativity that consciously convinces me that I've 'failed' to create change. 

Although I have effectively eliminated an excessive amount of additional weight, my brain remains blinkered to the body that represents health and happiness, and is fixated on the 'fuller' figure that is now merely a figment of my insecure imagination. Why? Because the human brain has a horrible habit of forcing us to focus on our flaws, and forget what the reality of our reflection really resembles - a beautiful body that has worked hard to create change, life and a healthy, happy human.

As (real) women, we will worry about our wobbly bits, fear a fuller figure and struggle to see past the scars and stretch marks that cripple our confidence, but by capturing change on camera, we can convince our brain that our body isn't as 'bad' as our flaws have forced us to think it is, on the days when our worry of a wider waistline weakens our wellbeing and willpower.

Although something as simple as a picture may not possess the power to instantly improve our perception of our physique, it can help to convince us that we really are creating the change that we strive for...

Twitter: @BunsandGunsUK
www.bunsandguns.co.uk

*The image above is me in an old pair of my size 16 jeans - 3 sizes away from my biggest of a size 22.

Comments

Popular Posts