Body transformation: from a bigger body to a bag of bones

Ten years ago I was repulsed by my own reflection - a reflection that left me fixated with the 'fat' that tightened my trousers and crippled my confidence - yet despite the 'fuller' figure that stemmed from my sedentary lifestyle and failure to make sensible food swaps, I continued to find comfort in the calories that triggered the temptation to turn to more tasty treats. I'd become trapped in vicious cycle of toxic thoughts and denial as I religiously subjected my body and brain to the binges that left me beating myself up about the abnormal actions that resembled my erratic eating - until I snapped.

After accepting that my abusive relationship was the core culprit responsible for my compulsive consumption of calories, I decided to dedicate every ounce of energy to eliminating the 10.5 stone of excess weight that was fuelling my worry of a wider waistline, but losing weight wasn't as simple as moving more and consuming less crap.

Although I maintained the motivation to oust an abundance of additional weight with weekly workouts and sensible food swaps, my desperation to drop a dress size (or 10!) quickly drove me towards the dangerous diets and detoxes that saw me sacrifice more than just my silhouette - they developed into a dietary disorder that not only forced me to fear food, but subject my body to the strict starvation that left me famished, fatigued and fighting for my life.

Fast forward five years (and a lot of blisters, sweat and tears!), and I am now a happy, healthy human who is fully qualified in health and nutrition, training to be a clinical weight loss coach and determined to help others overcome their weight worries by using Buns & Guns heath, fitness and nutrition, as a method of motivation. 

Although I rarely rave about Buns & Guns as a business, many of my regular readers have not only asked for nutritional advice, but seem baffled by my belief of using real food and realistic lifestyle changes to create health and happiness - a simple yet satisfying solution that has allowed me, and many of my clients, to sustain a slender silhouette! If you would like to learn more about me and/or my specialized services, you can find further information on my website www.bunsandguns.co.uk which includes a link to my private weight loss and wellbeing group, and a contact form for online clients would would like to get in touch about taking the next step towards health and happiness. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts