Model Life: Behind The Scenes With Harriet Isobel


They have access to the professional tips and tricks of the make-up industry, but what happens when they aren't being preened and polished to picture perfection?

This week the beautiful Harriet Isobel takes us behind the scenes of the glamorous world of modelling, as she shares her ultimate beauty products and top model tips... 


Dixie Duke: What is the one product that you can't live without?

Harriet: The one product that I can't live without is a good quality mascara, as I like my lashes to be long, thick and beautiful - even when I'm bare faced! I also like to have an eyelash curler close to hand as this simple beauty tool is always so useful.

Dixie Duke: What is your number one model beauty tip?

Harriet: My number one model beauty tip is that no varnish is better than chipped varnish! Although your nails may be the last thing to cross your mind during a photoshoot, the camera will pick them up. Always opt for painted and chip free, or clean and natural as there is nothing worse than seeing the results of a shoot with a beautiful model flaunting chipped nails!

Another top model tip is to never underestimate the power of blusher. This particular product should be used to create a healthy, radiant glow in order to enhance your features in the best possible way. It is vital to achieve a precise finish and avoid over or under application as neither will have a flattering effect on your facial features! 

Dixie Duke: An immaculate complexion is essential for a model, how do you ensure that your skin remains flawless?

Harriet: Since I began modelling I have replaced foundation with the application of BB cream and a light dusting of powder. Although foundation may provide an even finish and a fuller coverage, it can also clog pores and increase the risk of long-term damage such as acne. 
I have found that Garnier BB cream miracle skin perfector definitely lives up to its name in front of the camera, while still allowing my skin to remain healthy and blemish free. If your skin is already in a relatively good condition, then you won't require the full coverage foundation provides.

A religious skincare routine is also essential and should combine the thorough removal of cosmetics each evening, with a deep cleanse or face mask once a week. Remembering that a good cleanser will ensure that my complexion remains soft and beautiful, but not to overload my skin with products also allows me to achieve a natural flawless finish.  

Dixie Duke: What is your favourite make-up brand and why?

Harriet: Although I don't have a sole favourite when it comes to cosmetic brands, I do have a top five! In no particular order they are:

1) Lush - not only do I love the natural aspect of the products, but their lip scrub is a life saver!

2) Garnier - a brand of reasonably priced products that also do a great job.

3) Max Factor - max factor mascaras are without a doubt my go to products!

4) Lancome - their eyeliner, mascara and make-up remover are all top quality.

5) The Natural Collection by Boots - they are the creators of my favourite blusher and pressed powder which both provide good coverage without feeling too heavy, or caked on.

Dixie Duke: How do you keep in shape?

Harriet: Despite eating a lot of calories and really unhealthy foods, my portion sizes remain small which allows me to live my life the way I love to, and eat the things I want, when I want - just in controlled portions! I also rarely eat three meals a day and tend to be a snacker.
Although I don't do much exercise, if I visibly gained weight I would most likely start jogging to keep in shape. 

Dixie Duke: What advice would you give to aspiring models?

Harriet: Depending on the type of modelling you are looking to break into, my main piece of advice would be to ensure that you wear long lasting, resilient make-up. The last thing that you want when standing in front of lighting on camera is for your make-up to melt and run down your face! This also applies to location shoots. You need make-up that can withstand it all and still make you look your best - even during wind, rain and long duration shoots!

I would also advise aspiring models to remember that the camera will pick up everything, so always make sure that you have done the best job possible when it comes to make-up application. If you're not confident at applying your own cosmetics, then I would advise getting a professional make-up artist on set. 



You can see more of Harriet's stunning portfolio over at www.facebook.com/hazzamodelling
or follow her on Twitter on https://twitter.com/Harriet__Isobel



Comments

Popular Posts